Sunday, June 20, 2010

I need to re-dye my hair to a lighter shade. How long should I wait?

Obviously, the best choice is a professional, which I am considering and is my first choice; however, if I did decide to do it with another box kit, what would be the recommendation? I was trying to go back to a natural dark blonde, which is what most of my hair was, but I wanted to cover old lighter highlights that were growing out at the bottom third of my long hair, which is in healthy shape (save for the fact that it was just dyed yesterday). The Feria natural dark blonde shade (Chardonnary) actually made my hair darker overall and REDDISH, which clashes with the pink undertones in my skin. The hair itself is a rather pretty color. It just doesn't work on my skin, and isn't close to the box. Why did a neutral color bring out red that wasn't in my hair to begin with, and why would a permanant color make it DARKER? I'm baffled. I'll live with the clash as long as I have to do so to take care of my hair. I just don't like it a bit. Thanks in advance for your answers!



I need to re-dye my hair to a lighter shade. How long should I wait?

Sometimes it looks like a neutral color on the box but can have different undertones, especially if your hair tends to pick up a certain color. As a general rule permanent color is not supposed to lighten any previously died color, sometimes you can get it to lift but usually the results are not reliable. Im not sure why it made it darker, maybe was just a darker tone than you had before. Going to a professional, they will be able to mix color from scratch, knowing what combinations of colors are right for your hair and your situation. It is customized just for you. It will leave your hair in better quality because they can use the right strength of developer and the right timing that is right for your hair. Some people think hairdressers have the same boxes on their shelves that you can buy in stores and thats such a wrong assumption. They have hundreds of different colors that they can mix and match to find the right shade, thats why it costs more. The knowledge of a professional. Didn't mean to lecture, have been a hairdresser for 10 years now and once I get going...



Good Luck



I need to re-dye my hair to a lighter shade. How long should I wait?

I have colored my hair so many times and I know exactly what you mean. If your hair feel healthy and isn't brittle, than go ahead and color it. I have colored mine twice in the same day, then again a week later. I'm also trying to find a good blonde shade, Im going with ash blonde. Go ahead and color it yourself, and if you dont like the end result go to a stylist. I say if you can do it yourself, why not. Otherwise you will end up spending alot of $.



I need to re-dye my hair to a lighter shade. How long should I wait?

Instead of trying to figure out what to do, let a professional help you with your problem...Sometimes people get the idea, that they will save some bucks doing their own hair, but usually after they have messed it up a little furthur then its time to go to the salon, and they ultimately end up spending more, because its then a color correction. You cant lift color with color..Occasionaly it will lift but usually not..and you end up with uneven color. Take the advice of the last person and hopefully mine and go find someone you can trust to who will get you what your looking for ..Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
norton