Thursday, June 17, 2010

BLACK HAIR CARE QUESTION: pros/cons to pressing?

Ladies, would love to hear your comments about going Old school to press and curl. I've been natural almost 2 years and loving it! It has its cons, (I run from moisture) but I'm convinced that its healthier for my hair. All comments welcomed, even from permed sistas!



BLACK HAIR CARE QUESTION: pros/cons to pressing?

HeLLO...it is healthier for the hair...and natural styles can look so beautiful...



...the pro's: it's not a permanent chemical, and it looks great if done correctly...



...the con's: it's emense heat applied to the hair shaft which can lead to driness, brittleness, split ends and breakage, it can also burn the hair out (if you do it enough your hair won't be as curly when you wash it)...but if you do it in moderation and use common sense like letting the hot comb cool off for a couple of seconds instead of putting it right on the hair after it's been on the burner (which can literally burn it off right on the spot girl) you'll be o.k...



BLACK HAIR CARE QUESTION: pros/cons to pressing?

Hey girl, I have a question for you...I am transitioning to a natural do as we speak, and I having a time growing my perm out. Did you just cut all of your hair off and start over or did you do what I did, keep it braided and let it grow out that way? And how do you wear your natural hair? There is nothing wrong with pressing your hair, it is still considered to be natural. Maybe press it once a week, you still don't want to apply too much heat to your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
norton