Thursday, June 17, 2010

How can I get more body to my fine, limp hair?

My hair is baby-fine, limp, dull, and usually kind of scraggly. I'm very careful with it, and very very picky about the products I use on it. I only use high-quality shampoo and conditioner, and nothing like hair spray, gel, or mousse. I don't even use a hair dryer, straightner, or curling iron; only barrettes and gentle hair ties or scrunchies to style it. I've even tried vinegar and lemon juice to balance the pH level, and didn't notice a difference, other than smelling really ... interesting. I've been told by a stylist that my hair is very healthy, and I have no split ends or other problems. Yet it still looks awful! I see other women with shiny, bouncy hair that always looks smooth, yet they have split ends and lots of damage. How do they do it? What can I do, hopefully as naturally and gently as possible, to give my hair more body and shine?



How can I get more body to my fine, limp hair?

My hair is exactly like yours! I have tried MANY different brands of volumizing shampoo's and conditioners. My by far favorite is the anti-flat threesome from sunsilk. http://www.gethairapy.com/products/detai...



It works wonders on your hair and I completely reccomend it. Also follow these tips:



When blow drying, flip your head upside down, drying the roots first. Fluff the roots while you dry to promote lift. Putting some jumbo rollers in your hair after, spraying them, and removing them in about 15 minutes can also add some bouncy waves (not curls!).



Good Luck! :)



How can I get more body to my fine, limp hair?

Try some hair masks.



My favorites are on this page-



http://www.hairstylecity.com/HairCare/Ho...



How can I get more body to my fine, limp hair?

The only suggestion I have is to use a gel, or mousse. There are some products that your stylist can recommend that won't be harmful to your hair. There are also some styling products that condition as well as help with body and fullness.



How can I get more body to my fine, limp hair?

That's the problem with having stunning, perfect bouncy hair... the products women use damage your hair. My hair is like yours, as well. The only product that works to give life back to my hair is Dove. I swear by their products. I also use Nioxin, which has more of a minty scent. It also costs about five times as much as Dove.



To give my hair life, I use a plain curler in front and just comb it out to give my hair some lift. I get it cut in a layered design in order to give it more body. Use a rolling brush underneath your hair when it is almost dry and just comb in or comb out, depending on which direction you want it to go. If you don't go the way of putting gel, mousse or spray in your hair, all you really have to do is tease it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
norton